bugzilla bugzappers?

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 11:05:31 UTC 2010

On 04/11/10 06:56, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:

> For a bug that I can reproduce, the time it takes for me to fix it
> might be comparable to the time it takes me to report it upstream and
> get it fixed there.

Maybe not something all users can do, write code?
Should not be a barrier to using Linux, Fedora in particular.

> The extreme inefficiency comes from the bugs that I can't reproduce,
> the upstream can't reproduce, and the user isn't responding. And this
> happens *a lot*.

Tell them so, ask them to go on the test list, user list:
"Has X happended to you, bug ref soem url.

Most of the time, they don't even put down the steps
> to reproduce. Can we at least mandate including the steps to reproduce
> in the ABRT reports?

In many cases it may not be known by the user,
booted up, there was a bug waiting for me in the abrt icon.

Removing abrt, does not preclude the bug from happening,
only the users knowledge that it happened.

Sent by a general user
(learning some code).

--
Regards,