bugzilla bugzappers?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Nov 5 19:25:49 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-11-05 at 07:27 -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
> Frank Murphy said the following on 11/05/2010 12:47 AM Pacific Time:
> > On 05/11/10 07:27, Alexander Kurtakov wrote:
> >
> >> So what if I got 100 bug reports and didn't answered 10 bugs you will want to
> >> orphan my package?
> >> Welcome to the world without gtk, openjdk, eclipse-platform, kdelibs ....
> >
> > I think maybe  it is meant more as "You have 100 bugs, 80 are not
> > acknowledged.
> >

> >> I can't see why can't we just admit - This is our best feel free to join us
> >> and help ?? (someone should find better wording)
> >
> > Is this not where added manpower can help?
> > At least a group who can be put together (existing?),
> > to look at reproducing\unable to bugs, to help the maintainers.
> >

> We've been trying to do that and get it off the ground for several
> years.  It hasn't exactly flourished.

Right. This is:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers

as John says, it's been around for a while. Both John and I have tried
to drive it to some extent. But it just doesn't get a lot of people who
are really committed to doing the work. The fact that the work is often
boring and generally not much use to the person doing the work
him/herself, directly, contributes to this.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey