Ubuntu moving towards Wayland

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sat Nov 6 16:41:59 UTC 2010

On Sat, Nov 06, 2010 at 04:52:02PM +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le samedi 06 novembre 2010 à 14:21 +0000, Richard W.M. Jones a écrit :
> >
> > Why throw away everything just so we can make input better?
>
> Because those are just the examples I know where X11 has been blocking
> progress for *years*. I'm sure there are lots of others.

And yet despite all this, it's working fine.  Really, I have no
problem using my keyboard, managing photographs, scrolling through web
pages, or anything else people have been talking about.  The proposed
solution [possibly] omits a vital feature which sets X apart from
being just another windowing system, and for me at least it will be
far less useful.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v