Ubuntu moving towards Wayland

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 16:45:06 UTC 2010

On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 12:41 PM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 06, 2010 at 04:52:02PM +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
>> Le samedi 06 novembre 2010 à 14:21 +0000, Richard W.M. Jones a écrit :
>> >
>> > Why throw away everything just so we can make input better?
>>
>> Because those are just the examples I know where X11 has been blocking
>> progress for *years*. I'm sure there are lots of others.
>
> And yet despite all this, it's working fine.  Really, I have no
> problem using my keyboard, managing photographs, scrolling through web
> pages, or anything else people have been talking about.  The proposed
> solution [possibly] omits a vital feature which sets X apart from
> being just another windowing system, and for me at least it will be
> far less useful.

I find the fact that there is this much argumentation against something that:

1) isn't even proposed for Fedora at the moment
2) isn't even complete (or close to) in the distro it _is_ proposed for
and
3) none of this discussion is taking place on any list relevant to the
actual subject

a bit hilarious.

I think I'll just start new threads with subjects like "Arch Linux
moving towards KDE as default" or "Gentoo moving towards razor package
management" just to see how much time this community is capable of
wasting.  It should be lolz.

josh