Ubuntu moving towards Wayland

Casey Dahlin cdahlin at redhat.com
Sat Nov 6 19:45:31 UTC 2010

On Sat, Nov 06, 2010 at 10:57:27AM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> We want to ditch extremely useful, ground-breaking features because of
> "tearing" when scrolling in a browser window? [I do *not* see any of

I actually read it as we want to ditch features that were groundbreaking in
1975 since the limits on technology from back then no longer mandate them and
the advances in technology today are not as easily taken advantage of with
those considerations.

Not saying you're wrong, just offering another viewpoint.

--CJD