nouveau & gnome-shell (was: Re: Ubuntu moving towards Wayland)

Alex Hudson fedora at alexhudson.com
Sun Nov 7 09:45:26 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-11-06 at 16:00 +0000, Camilo Mesias wrote:
> You mention gnome shell but not nouveau, how do you enable the missing
> 3d support for Nouveau?

There's an Mesa package labelled "experimental" you need to install.

I don't know what the subset of hardware it works for is, but my Quadro
NVS 135M has been running smoothly so far: it's not fast, and the frame
rate is not great, but it's out of the box and usable.

I blogged about this yesterday, but nouveau has taken serious strides in
F14 - I've been using it the past couple of releases, and the progress
has been stark.

Cheers

Alex.

--
This message was scanned by Better Hosted and is believed to be clean.
http://www.betterhosted.com