nouveau & gnome-shell (was: Re: Ubuntu moving towards Wayland)

Camilo Mesias camilo at mesias.co.uk
Tue Nov 9 21:05:43 UTC 2010

I'm using the experimental 3d now with gnome shell. After a few days,
it seems like it performs OK although it locks up for a few seconds
now and then. It seems to recover and I can't see any obvious log
messages around the time of the freeze. It does survive
suspend/resume, which is great. My impression is that it runs slightly
hotter than the nvidia driver but I could be imagining this (I don't
have any figures).

-Cam