bugzilla bugzappers?

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Mon Nov 8 19:50:45 UTC 2010

On Sat, Nov 06, 2010 at 04:22:29PM +0200, Alexander Kurtakov wrote:

> We can argue about this a lot (e.e.  submitter can reopen bug whenever he finds
> the time to verify the bug).

The problem is, there is no proper way to track whether a bug has been
verified, because the result may also be, that it is fixed.

> So the real problem is the notice period?
> Will it help if there is 6 weeks notice instead of 4?
> Any other idea?

It would also help if the bugs won't be closed when F12 is EOL to allow
some time to migrate to the next Fedora release, handle the new issues
and then take the time to check for old ones. So maybe first notify 6
weeks before the EOL date, then when it is EOLed again and close the bug
6 weeks after the EOL date.

Nevertheless, I would welcome it more if bug submitters would only be
asked to verify a bug when there is some maintainer available to fix
the verified bug.

Regards
Till