Passing ownership of mingetty

Petr Pisar ppisar at redhat.com
Mon Nov 15 11:59:09 UTC 2010

On 2010-11-11, Lennart Poettering <mzerqung at 0pointer.de> wrote:

> Do we really want to keep mingetty around?

[...]
> You apparently see value in keeping two almost identical getty
> implementations around. Can you elaborate why? Is there any feature
> missing in agetty that mingetty has?

Till someone uses mingetty or it's part of supported distribution,
somebody must maintain it. Currently the somebody is me.

If you think Fedora should switch to different implementation, just
discuss it (or do it if the proposal is approved).

After the switch, you can fill report into Bugzilla to remove the
package from newer releases. Do not forget to link good arguments like
init maintainer's / init scripts maintainer's / FESCo decission.

Then I can ask rel-engs to remove the package from VCS and composes.

My opinion regarding mingetty removal is I'm not against.

-- Petr