Passing ownership of mingetty

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Nov 24 05:06:12 UTC 2010

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010, Lennart Poettering wrote:

> That way most distros would only have to install one getty implementation,
>  and can use it for both serial consoles and VCs.

Yes please.

Bonus points for anaconda configuring a working agetty login if the install
console was serial. That is, run agetty using the same linespeed as the
install and add the serial device to securetty.

(last install I did, though it was rhel5, on a machine without VGA left me
with no way to login to the system after install (kickstart didn't add a
non-root user)

Paul