Ubuntu 10.10's installer looks rather nice

Gilboa Davara gilboad at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 07:53:07 UTC 2010

> the other point of richards is what the whole fedora community and
> redhat should have to understand: "most users like ubuntu rather then
> fedora/redhat". why? because:
> -... better is what most user like. period.

Following your simplistic logic, we should mimic the Windows Vista/7 UAC
(Even if it's insecure by design) or even consider running as root by
default, why?
- Usage-wise, Windows XP is the leading OS in the world, and 99% of all
Windows XP users are running as administrator. (Most don't even bother
to use password protected administrator-capable user accounts)
- Windows 7 will most likely overtake Windows XP in 2-3 years and it's
using UAC by default.

I assume that I do really need point out -why- this logic is flawed...
Different operating system target different user bases and usage cases.
Different Linux distributions target different user bases and usage
cases.

At least the last time I checked, Fedora -didn't- target Joe-six-pack as
its primary target user base (Let alone RHEL, which shares the same
Anaconda code).

- Gilboa