Packaging dwm

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Fri Oct 15 21:14:34 UTC 2010

Jesse Keating, Wed, 13 Oct 2010 17:13:43 -0700:
> Am i the only one that finds it hilarious that this thing is named
> "Dynamic Window Manager"?  So dynamic, you gotta recompile to change
> anything....

Not sure about the word, but otherwise it just perfectly fullfills its
purpose:

    Because dwm is customized through editing its source code, it’s
    pointless to make binary packages of it. This keeps its userbase
    small and elitist. No novices asking stupid questions.

I have really doubts whether it makes sense to package it ... shared git
repository for Fedora-community maintained source code (if needed) and
one tiny binary in /usr/local/bin/ should be good for everybody.

Matěj

Our lives are spectacles of powerlessness.
    -- Richard Rohr