Fast Light Tool Kit

Dominic Hopf dmaphy at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 31 02:58:21 UTC 2010

Am Samstag, den 30.10.2010, 21:51 -0400 schrieb Eric "Sparks"
Christensen:
> On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 21:32, R P Herrold <herrold at owlriver.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, 30 Oct 2010, Eric "Sparks" Christensen wrote:
> >
> >> I found a program that I want to package but it requires Fast Light
> >> Tool Kit (FLTK).  The source is a single file with no readme and I'm
> >> not exactly sure how to package the software.  Has anyone worked with
> >> FLTK that might be able to help me with this?
> >
> > it is packaged abundantly.  What is the question?
> >
> > fltk
> > /mnt/nfs/var/ftp/pub/mirror/redhat/rawhide/SRPMS/fltk-1.1.10-4.fc15.src.rpm
> >
> > also in epel and fedora for since forever
> >
> > -- Russ herrold
>
> I know that FLTK is packaged.  What I'm trying to figure out is how to
> package a program that requires FLTK to compile.  I'm not familar with
> FLTK and the software I downloaded didn't come with any README or
> instructions for compiling.  So I was hoping someone knew about FLTK
> and what I needed to do to package this software that requires FLTK to
> build.  The source I downloaded contained a single file so I'm not
> sure what needs to happen.

Does the software you like to package provide something like a configure
script or similar? Maybe it would help if you could post a link to the
software you actually like to package.

I think it's likely something like a "BuildRequires: fltk" already
should be enough. I'd suggest to just try out that and see what
happens. :)

Regards,
Dominic

--
Dominic Hopf <dmaphy at googlemail.com>
http://dominichopf.de/

Key Fingerprint: A7DF C4FC 07AE 4DDC 5CA0 BD93 AAB0 6019 CA7D 868D