F14 youtube support?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Sep 8 11:53:26 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-09-06 at 11:13 +0000, Petr Pisar wrote:
> On 2010-09-02, Chris Jones <chrisjones at comcen.com.au> wrote:
> >
> > Is this problem with flash not working on x86_64 architecture limited to
> > Fedora or what?
> > I use Ubuntu 10.04 64bit as my primary operating system and have 32bit
> > Flash installed with wrapper inside Firefox 4.0 beta 4 and have no
> > problems.
>
> I have personal experience with nspluginwrapper on Gentoo. It did not
> crash actually. When closing a tab with SWF, the plugin blocked and one
> needed to kill it manually. After killing, Firefox did some fancy things.
>
> However I heard similar stories from other distributions users, so I
> thought it's broken everywhere. I'm glad to hear it works again (or at
> least somewhere).

BTW, I just remembered something - there is a Fedora-specific (ish)
wrinkle here, which is that if you have SELinux enabled, it will
interfere with Flash as installed from the upstream tarball (not sure
about the RPM repo) until you relabel the file as recommended by the
SELinux denial alert message. For me this manifested as any page with
Flash on it taking an age to display (and rendering Firefox
un-responsive until it did), and the Flash content not working.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey