Meeting summary/minutes from today's FESCo meeting (2010-09-14)

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Wed Sep 15 20:33:23 UTC 2010

Le mardi 14 septembre 2010 à 21:26 -0400, Máirín Duffy a écrit :
> On Tue, 2010-09-14 at 19:02 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > I'm happy to look for ways to make the other fesco voices heard.
> > Any ideas? I could try making the tickets have some more descriptive
> > subject like "HEY VOTE ON THIS PLEASE BEFORE NEXT MEETING:" or
> > something.
>
> Hmm. Here's a couple ideas I could think of:
>
> - "If you don't place a vote by $DATE, your vote will be assumed to be
> $POSITION" can be scarily motivating.
>
> - Nag emails sent out by trac daily until you click on the email's yes &
> no links to vote! (some of the ticket reminder trac hacks might work to
> provide this)

I really don't see the point. A forced vote is not better than no vote
(can easily be worse). As far as I know in most countries actual laws
are passed by whoever is present in Parliament (baring very specific
exceptions). If there are few people it's not a problem, it just shows
the issue is either not very important, or the consensus has already
been achieved.

--
Nicolas Mailhot