Fedora "backports" repo? (Was Re: PostgreSQL 9 for F14?)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Sep 22 11:07:24 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-22 at 10:24 +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

> This is reasonably easy to fix: we should do some testing and withhold
> packages from Rawhide if they don't pass some basic sanity checks
> (eg. does it boot, can an X server be started).

That's basically the proven testers process, which at present is running
around capacity trying to cover three releases (two current stable, plus
Branched). I'm really not sure we could manage another release,
especially one like Rawhide where people have a right to expect updates
to land quickly.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey