Fedora "backports" repo? (Was Re: PostgreSQL 9 for F14?)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Sep 22 14:14:47 UTC 2010

> > 4) To much of "manual fixing" required
> > 5) To many broken deps, which might prevent applying updates and security fixes
> > 6) Some others that I can't think of right now might be a consequence
> > of the above or something else
>
> I think those can be addressed by placing an AutoQA filter between a
> build from master and the build showing up in rawhide.

That would likely be an improvement, but have you thought through the
interaction issues? Builds are rarely standalone, so we need to figure
out which builds go with which other builds so they can be tested
together. Or we can test an entire Rawhide push at one time, but in that
case, which package do you block if the automated test fails? All of
them? Pick one at random? Try and write heuristics so AutoQA can figure
out which package to block?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey