Announcing the release of Fedora 15 Beta!!

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Apr 26 16:34:35 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-04-22 at 07:55 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> Initially (1st try), I tried a "customized package set". I was warned
> about a long series of missing deps. The install however proceeded and
> ended with anaconda raising before-mentioned error.
>
> Then, (2nd try) I tried a "default package set" w/ *testing deactivate.
> I was warned about gnome-session missing dependency and ended up with
> "Oh no!

This would be when you hit the issue I linked you to on test mailing
list. There was an issue with Bodhi where somehow when an update which
included three packages (gnome-shell, gnome-panel and gnome-menus) was
pushed to stable, only the gnome-shell update actually made it; the
combination of the new gnome-shell and the old gnome-menus produced the
fail whale. This has been fixed since.

For future reference, the fail whale shows up when a process managed by
gnome-session crashes more than once soon after startup (i.e. when
something's failing in a loop).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey