Announcing the release of Fedora 15 Beta!!

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Apr 26 16:44:51 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-04-22 at 07:55 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> I decided to reinstall using netinstall.iso.

Just a general note here: during pre-release time netinstall is always
more likely to have trouble than media install. We test installation of
the pre-release media (Alpha, Beta) quite heavily. Network install, even
with updates-testing disabled, will use whatever packages have made it
to stable; making it to stable isn't contingent on anyone doing
installation testing, so it's perfectly normal for issues to creep in
(these are the ones we wind up shaking out around the TC stage when we
get to a pre-release point). So just in general, you're more likely to
hit problems doing a network install than a media install, at
pre-release time.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey