Need Little IT advice Here...

Manuel Escudero Jmlevick at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 03:58:03 UTC 2011

Hi, I was Wondering if there was a tool for Linux in general
that let me undo the system changes at reboot or something
like that, For example:

I want to set a standard configuration in a machine and then
let that machine to be used by many users, but as soon as
the user Log Out (preferably in that moment)
I want the machine to undo all the possible
changes the user may have done while he/she was using it.

I've seen this behavior on Windows Machines in Schools and Offices,
and I know it has something to do about a server controlling all the
individual computers but I want to apply that behavior to a Single Linux
computer without having the server in the middle...

If there's not a "General Linux Tool" I would like to Know wich
distro and desktop enviroment are the best choice to get this done,
using what tools,

P.S. it's like... Having a customized "LiveCD Behavior" but with
the system installed, so if I need to do changes, I can ensure I can
do them without many problems, and then "Lock the system" again...

Hope somebody knows,

Thanks!

--
Manuel Escudero