Fwd: [Fedora Update] [CRITPATH] [old_testing_critpath] mdadm-3.1.3-0.git20100804.3.fc14

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Aug 12 07:28:28 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-08-11 at 19:40 -0400, Doug Ledford wrote:

> > I've never got around to working up a coherent proposed modification and
> > submitting it, though - if anyone else can, that'd be great.
>
> I'll just go back to what I've said before.  I don't care what system
> you create as long as there is something/someone responsible and
> accountable for getting things unblocked.  Right now there is no
> one/thing responsible and accountable for getting things approved and
> you nag the one person who doesn't have the ability to do it.  That's
> just flat backwards.

I'm not sure what kind of a 'you' that was, but it ain't my job, mate ;)
- FESCo came up with the current update approval process. Anyone can
propose a change to it, you have as much standing as me (if not more) to
do that. FESCo would have to discuss and approve it.

The reason why the package maintainer gets nagged has been explained
several times: part of the theory behind the current process is that it
is, to some extent, your responsibility as a package maintainer to
ensure your package gets tested. You can't perform the testing, but it's
reasonably likely that you would be (or, at least, *could* be) in touch
with people who could, and could contact them and encourage them to do
the testing.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey