Attention: F16 packages needing rebuilds due to the trailing slash bug of rpm-4.9.1

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Thu Aug 18 11:37:21 UTC 2011

On 08/17/2011 05:51 AM, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Due to the brown paperbag bug of rpm-4.9.1 causing unwanted trailing
> slashes on directories (with various nasty side-effects), the following
> packages in F16 require rebuilding. The sooner the better to stop
> spreading the damage but at any rate, before F16 final:
> cloudfs-0.7-4.fc16.src.rpm

I'm not really sure what's being asked for here.

cloudfs was obsoleted and removed from Fedora SCM two days before this
email, so I'm not sure it's warranted, or even possible to rebuild it;
not without jumping though a lot of hoops.

There were later builds of later releases for f16.

And FYI, it was renamed/replaced by hekafs, and there is a recent build
for f16.

--

Kaleb