NetworkManager, openswan and l2tp

Eberhard Schruefer eschruefer at ca-musings.de
Thu Aug 25 09:00:35 UTC 2011

Hello,

I need to connect to a site via l2tp/openswan. I can set up openswan and
xl2tpd
manually and this works fine. However, bringing up the connection is not
very
comfortable and it would be much nicer to be able to use the
networkmanager-openswan
plugin.
Unfortunately, l2tp and other 'advanced settings' cannot be selected from
networkmanager-connection-editor. A quick look at the source code of
NetworkManager-openswan-1.7.0 shows that these options are programmed,
but seem not to be available in Fedora 15.

Will these options eventually be set-able in Fedora?

Would converting the glade file in NetworkManager-openswan-1.7.0 to
gtkbuilder
and a recompile of networkmanager-openswan suffice?

Thanks.

Best wishes
Eberhard