floppy support

Chris Jones chrisjones at comcen.com.au
Tue Aug 30 05:06:54 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 1:58 PM, Michael Cronenworth <mike at cchtml.com>wrote:

> On 08/29/2011 10:22 PM, Chris Adams wrote:
> > It is very irritating, since I only use floppies when I really need to,
>
> Is this due to the need to boot into DOS to run a firmware utility or
> something similar? If so, you can create a bootable, DOS USB flash
> drive. I haven't had a need for a floppy disk in years.

I can't see any reason for floppies these days considering their extreme
price per data unit as opposed to usb memory.

I don't flash much these days. And for times when I feel the need to, I go
about it by whatever other means is necessary to avoid anything to do with
floppies.

That's not to say that the Linux kernel should not support floppy drives.
That's an entirely different discussion really.

Regards

Chris Jones

[image: linux.png]