floppy support

Jef Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 23:49:59 UTC 2011

2011/8/30 Miloslav Trmač <mitr at volny.cz>

> I hope no software is still doing this - that was idiotic 10 years
> ago, let alone now.  (The purpose of the seek is to detect drives that
> can support only "double density", i.e. 360K, 5.25" disks, not "high
> density", i.e. 1.2M disks.  It doesn't do anything useful for 3.5"
> drives.)

bah you 3.5 inch floppy elitists!!!!!!  I have an original wolfenstein 3-D
on 5.25 '' floppy...its its original sleeve...that I still use.  How dare
you suggest that I give up my 5.25 inch floppy.  Its actually "floppy"
unlike those hard plastic 3.5 inch cases.

-jef"Now if you wanted to suggest we finally drop support for the 8 inch
floppy drives, than I would definitely support that."spaleta