libpng mass rebuild status, 2011-12-06

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Wed Dec 14 11:06:45 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 12/06/2011 06:17 PM, Adam Jackson wrote:
> After yesterday's rebuilds, there remain 271 binary packages from 232
> source packages that still require libpng-compat.
>
> No FTBFS bugs have been filed at this time.
>
> There's a pretty wide variety of failures represented here.  In addition
> to the libpng API changes, a quick scan also unconvers glib deprecation
> failures, unsatisfiable buildroots, gcc getting yet more strict about
> C++, and even a few implicit-dso-linking errors.
>
> Since libpng uses symbol versions, and rpm is smart enough to embed
> symbol versions into DSO provides and requires, there's another bit of
> data we can extract here.  If a (i686) package requires libpng12.so.0
> but not libpng12.so.0(PNG12_0), then it is _linked against_ libpng12 but
> does not use any symbols from it.  The link can usually be dropped; and
> any build failure exposed by this rebuild stands a good chance of not
> being libpng's fault.  There are 102 such binary packages, from 99
> source packages.

Thanks for your work on this. I've fixed, and rebuild against libpng-1.5,
the following packages:

zvbi
widelands
SILLY
openmsx
nogravity
libglpng
lbrickbuster2
gcompris
camorama
CriticalMass
ClanLib06
ClanLib1
ClanLib
methane
openalchemist
bolzplatz2006,
BlockOutII

Which should take care of all my packages on the list.

Regards,

Hans