nss_db

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 16:12:41 UTC 2011

On 12/16/2011 03:40 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Mark R Bannister (mark at proseconsulting.co.uk) said:
>> that affect critical components such as glibc.  Now you're telling me that when
>> you collectively make decisions about what goes into Fedora, you have no regard
>> for what the knock-on effect is for downstream, not even how that might impact RHEL.
> He's saying *he* doesn't. If you think he speaks for everyone who works
> on Fedora, well...

Yes I am but one voice in the community distribution Fedora and I don't
serve on any committee or anything like that nor was I ever implying
that I did or that I was speaking or otherwise represent the whole
project or certain subgroups within the project in any shape or form.

The board can clear all up all misunderstanding that the RHEL
users/customer or any other downstream or any clone distribution users
to the Fedoraproject might have.

An simple wiki page with the nature of the relationship between the
Fedoraproject and Red Hat and any other downstream or clone distribution
and the responsibility we have with regards to those distributions as in
non Fedora users probably would suffice to prevent any kind of
misunderstanding in the future.

I'll open a ticket and or get the discussion of that going on over on
the board list.

Regards
               JBG