Backported gtk3 for F14 available

Bastien Nocera bnocera at redhat.com
Fri Feb 11 02:47:32 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-02-10 at 16:28 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
<snip>
> Interesting idea. Note that I've _just_ released the stable GTK+ 3.0.0.
> We could think about updating the gtk3 package in F14 to 3.0.0 if that
> is useful for people. We had essentially abandoned this and a few other
> packages in F14 after GNOME 3 was delayed to F15, and nothing in the
> repo should depend on it...
> Of course, there is the slight risk of updating glib to a newer major
> version, but an extended updates-testing stay could certainly reduce the
> concern.

It's going to break gvfs, make the terminal setting in the "preferred
applications" not take effect, and disregard the settings for web
browser and mail clients.

And that's just the stuff I broke in glib2.

I don't think it's suitable to be added to F14 as anything but a user
repo with a big warning.