New celt build broke jack-audio-connection-kit...

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 23:40:27 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 6:29 PM, Michael S wrote:
> On 17 February 2011 01:02, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
>> I was just trying to build the latest Asterisk, which uses
>> jack-audio-connection-kit, but it looks like the most recent build of
>> celt from this afternoon broke the build:
>>
>> DEBUG util.py:247:  libcelt0.so.1()(64bit) is needed by
>> jack-audio-connection-kit-1.9.6-4.fc16.x86_64
>
> SONAME bump and API change in the new CELT.
>
> I've jumped in to fix this in Rawhide as it had broken the koji
> buildroot creation for more packages. Couldn't find any announcement
> or thread about this upgrade, so I don't know if anyone else was
> working on it.

I was working on it. Next time, please send an email to the actual
package maintainers beforehand so we don't duplicate the work.

The new celt 0.11.1 was built for both F-16 and F-15. No announcement
was made for the ABI/API change. I hope the F-15 build of celt-0.11.1
won't be pushed to the repos without prior notice, otherwise people
might get upset.

Orcan