Services that can start by default policy feedback

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 18:00:18 UTC 2011

> that said, I do think it would make sense to offer some command to
> enable all modules that were originally enabled, to get a working system
> back if you broke it. Something in the sense of #630174.

Hum

You probably would need to implement something more similar to iptables
save/restore.

Like systemd --save state which would scan for relevant changes and
would "save" the current state into /etc/sysconfig/systemd.save

and you would have simply create a systemd service that is run ones at
first time the machine is run which would run systemd --save state
/etc/sysconfig/systemd.initial

Then the admin would just run "systemd --restore-state /path/to/file"..

That would allow the admin to save the current systemd state before
making any changes..

I do think that's an better approach to the problem than what's being
mentioned in that report..

JBG