Development only package?

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 16:48:15 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 08, 2011 at 10:06:56AM -0500, Richard Shaw wrote:
> I'm working on making a package of OpenImageIO[1] which is used by a
> new branch of blender, blender-cycles[2], which uses the cycles
> rendering engine[3].
>
> There appears to be one bundled library, pugixml[4] but it's only 3
> files (1 c, and 2 header files) and doesn't not compile on it's own.
> It looks to be designed intentionally to be built in to other
> programs.

The tarball (I actually downloaded the zip but I hope that upstream made the
tarball contain identical files :-)  seems to compile fine on its own:

cd scripts
cmake CMakeLists.txt
make
ls -al libpugixml.a
-rw-rw-r--. 1 badger badger 342992 Jul  8 09:42 libpugixml.a

> Should I package it as "pugixml-devel" only? Or just "pugixml"?

Since only static libraries are created you should be able to use these
guidelines:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Packaging_Static_Libraries

-Toshio