systemd: Is it wrong?

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Sun Jul 10 23:16:32 UTC 2011

On 07/10/2011 07:08 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
ell variables has always had a
>> default value of the empty string.)
>
> It achieves afaict the behavior the maintainer wanted if it was up to me
> I would have done this ( whole nfs )  completly differently....
>
> Dropped
>
> ExecStartPre=/sbin/modprobe -q lockd $LOCKDARG
> ExecStartPre=/sbin/sysctl -w $LOCKD_TCPPORT
> ExecStartPre=/sbin/sysctl -w $LOCKD_UDPPORT
>
> Completely and having administrators add and to set these values
> manually in /etc/sysctl.conf as I mentioned in comment 30.

  I don't agree with this approach actually. Doing it this way means
that we now have dependencies for the daemon spread into non-obvious
places not directly associated with starting the daemon.

  It is much better to do this in a single place that associated with
the daemon in question - and not have a somewhat hidden dependency in a
generic config file.

  gene/