systemd: Is it wrong?

Steve Dickson SteveD at redhat.com
Mon Jul 11 17:09:56 UTC 2011

> On Mon, 11.07.11 12:15, Steve Dickson (SteveD at redhat.com) wrote:
>
>> On 07/11/2011 10:44 AM, Lennart Poettering wrote:
>>> On Mon, 11.07.11 16:32, Miloslav Trmač (mitr at volny.cz) wrote:
>>> Steve otoh wants one service to consist of multiple daemons, each of
>>> which can consist of multiple processes. I find that unnecessarily
>>> complex and this is not implemented in system, and have pointed out a
>>> number of times why.
>>
>> Too complexed for your code, not system admins. That's exactly what
>> they want.
>
> You have as little idea of what "exactly" sys admins want as I
> do.
>
> Or maybe I have a tiny bit of more of an idea, because I actually get
> all the feedback, and I go to all the conferences, and I know what's
> going on and I don't live under a rock.
This just rocks my world that you have the audacity to say something
like this... You have no idea of where I've been, what I've done and
for how long...

You really need to roll back your attitude 100% because it makes
working with so difficult when you throw out blanket statements
like that...

So please lets keep this on a respectful and professional plane...

steved.

P.S. I don't go to many conferences but I have been to many
     customer sites, over the years...