thanks for F15 mdadm systemd unit

Ric Wheeler rwheeler at redhat.com
Fri Jul 22 17:02:21 UTC 2011

On 07/22/2011 12:47 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 07/22/2011 04:37 PM, Ric Wheeler wrote:
>> MD, NFS, clustering have complicated and complex needs. The systemd team - not
>> just the developers of those subsystems - need to be directly engaged and
>> proactive in getting all of these critical systems converted cleanly....
> I think you actually got this backwards the developers of those
> subsystems not just the systemd team that needs to be directly engage
> and proactive in getting all of these critical systems converted cleanly
> anyway the end result is the same we need to work together to convert to
> systemd cleanly.
>
> JBG

I don't have it backwards - my day job is to work on exactly getting this kind
of cutting edge feature out to end users.

When you propose and implement a massive change, you need to make sure that the
system as a whole still works.

Of course, the developers of code components *should* work with the systemd
team, but if they don't (don't like it, have higher priorities, whatever), then
the proponents of change need to do the heavy lifting.  Heavy lifting can
involve education, convincing others in a *nice* way or actually having to do
the code.

We simply cannot ship something that would lose data or cause critical
components to fail for our users.

Ric