Installing bash-completion by default in F-16

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Fri Jun 3 16:08:10 UTC 2011

> David Howells wrote:
> > ... and then you install acroread and things go horribly wrong due to
> > their attempt to work around bash completion of filenames with spaces [BZ
> > 702329].
>
> We do not support third-party proprietary software.
>
> What's wrong with Okular or Evince?

1. Why do you care what someone else decides to use, if they do there is
generally a reason, and yes in the pdf cases there are good reasons as
there are pdf features that are still not supported by Okular and
Evince.

2. You can make life easier or harder for people that *need* to run a
proprietary app because there is no alternative, do you have a good
reason to make the life of these people harder ?

(anyway I use bash completeion, do not care about bz 702329, and prefer
to have bash-completeion available by default :-)

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York