Installing bash-completion by default in F-16

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sat Jun 4 10:43:03 UTC 2011

On 06/03/2011 12:44 PM, David Howells wrote:
> Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta at iki.fi> wrote:
>
>> I'd like to have bash-completion included in F-16's default install.  In
>> my opinion it's in a good enough shape for that already now, and with my
>> upstream hat on I expect things to further improve before F-16 is out.
>
> ... and then you install acroread and things go horribly wrong due to their
> attempt to work around bash completion of filenames with spaces [BZ 702329].

If you follow the chain of duplicates from that bug, you'll see that a
workaround for this problem is already included in bash-completion 1.3-4.

I reported this problem to Adobe in last October but still haven't
received a reply, and to my knowledge others have tried reporting it as
well with similar results.  Hence the workaround in bash-completion, no
matter how much I'd like to see it fixed at the source instead of
placing ugly workarounds elsewhere, but given Adobe's silence on the
issue and duplicate bug reports flowing in against bash-completion I
think it was the best we could do.