What is the status of Features/YumLangpackPlugin?

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Sun Jun 12 17:45:45 UTC 2011

On Thursday 02 June 2011 07:23:34 Jens Petersen wrote:

I am sorry not to have replied before but in the place (local network) where I
have been I had access to imap but not smtp (weird I know) and it is klunky to
answer using a webmail interface. :-(

> José Matos wrote:
> > 1) "This feature will also allow firefox and thunderbird to earn
> > langpacks as they deserve."
>
> Yes that was my hope but it needs acceptance from the fedora mozilla
> packagers... Support and encouragement is welcome.

So should we send them chocolate? ;-)

This feature is really a blessing for users/administrator who need to setup
localized interfaces.

> > In F15 asking
> > yum list *langpack*
> > shows that only
> >
> > koffice
> > libreoffice
> > tesseract
>
> You're oversimplifying: the plugin does not search for "langpack". :)
> eg kde-l10n is already supported since F13 I think.

My mistake, sorry, I was in hurry and I did not read the code. It is nice to
see it and other similar packages supported.

> > This seems an easy step, both to standardize the form of <lang> as
> > well as to
> > suggest a virtual provides to packages that already provide this, I am
> > thinking in this case of packages like kde-i18n* or kde-i10n*.
>
> Yes I think meta Provides is probably the way to go.
>
> Concrete suggestions and design improvements are welcome - particularly in
> bugzilla. :-) I think Bill Nottingham also has some more ideas in this
> direction.

Yes, I saw Bill's answer. Thank you for driving this feature your work is
really apreciated. :-)

--
José Abílio