Plan for tomorrow's FESCo meeting (2011-06-15)

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Wed Jun 15 19:42:10 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-06-15 at 18:58 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 06/15/2011 06:25 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > * Open Floor  (nirik, 18:07:26)
> >    * ACTION: sgallagh will collect base / core packages that need
> >      conversion to systemd and we will try and get those done by alpha.
> >      (nirik, 18:20:43)
> >

> Can I ask why FESCO decided to ignore the feature owner(s) when making
> this decision?

This decision was made in order to help this feature move along. We
discussed that we would like to see services converting to systemd
throughout the development process, rather than (as is traditional)
having them all drop two days before the beta release (or miss it
entirely and have to be resolved post-beta).

This should help you out a lot, actually. Since you'll get a small
subset of the services out of the way early and not be smothered with
hand-holding just prior to beta. (Especially since those maintainers
that have gone through the conversion for core/base will be able to help
others along as well).

> Any other goals/plans the sysvtosystemd features owners should be aware of?
>
> Stephen care to give us a heads up?

I've created a blocker bug for the sysv->systemd conversion for Alpha
here:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?id=713562&hide_resolved=1
(That link will show all of the child bugs. There are eleven at the time
of this writing, one already completed in Rawhide)