systemd: bugreports for missing service-files

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sun Jun 19 12:21:41 UTC 2011

On 06/19/2011 01:41 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> Am 19.06.2011 12:32, schrieb Michał Piotrowski:
>>
>> Seems to me very unlikely to see a new systemd services in F15
>
> i better not comment this with more than "normally F15 should have not been released
> without them" and if so it should be fixed

Switching from SysV to systemd within updates to a release is explicitly
forbidden, doing so is allowed only between releases.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ScriptletSnippets#Packages_migrating_to_a_systemd_unit_file_from_a_SysV_initscript

New packages introduced into a release are on the other hand a different
story.