The behaviour of systemctl.

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 02:41:05 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Lennart Poettering
<mzerqung at 0pointer.de> wrote:
> You know, I'd prefer if you take up your beef with "ls" first. Have you
> ever compared the output of "ls" and of "ls | cat"? And that's just the
> most obvious case.

Indeed, ls, grep, git and many many modern cli tools use this convention.

ls and grep have done it for ages, and we're all happier for that.

As many others, I am learning systemd and I have my moments of doubt,
confusion, and "argh, too much change under my feet".

But the output formatting on a tty?!

Let's have interesting discussion of systemd -- lots of things that
were familiar are now new and strange. But keep overreactions in
check, and the discussion technical and productive.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions