Prelink: couldn't find an alternative telinit implementation to spawn

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Wed Mar 16 23:06:17 UTC 2011

On Wed, 16.03.11 17:01, Jerry James (loganjerry at gmail.com) wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 4:45 PM, Lennart Poettering
> <mzerqung at 0pointer.de> wrote:
> > Hmm, we don't forward to Upstart unless systemd is not running. To check
> > whether systemd is running we look whether /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd is a
> > mount point. If taht fails in your case something is really wrong.
> >
> > What does the following line print?
> >
> >  systemd-notify --booted ; echo $?
>
> 0

Hmm. This looks completely correct.

I don't really understand why this check suceeds if you run it in
"systemd-notify --booted", but apparently doesn't if you run it in
telinit.

Hmm, do you have SELinux enabled? Maybe SElinux is causing this check to
fail?

If you run "telinit q" manually, do you get a similar error?

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.