Need help with octave packages

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Thu Mar 17 18:00:36 UTC 2011

On 03/17/2011 11:48 AM, José Matos wrote:
> On Saturday 05 February 2011 21:11:34 Orion Poplawski wrote:
>> I'm planning on dropping libnc-dap.  It is no longer supported and
>> functionality has moved into the netcdf 4 library.
>>
>> The only package currently requiring libnc-dap is:
>>
>> octave-forge-0:20090607-17.fc14.i686
>>
>> Also, apparently octave is planning a 3.4 release this weekend which I
>> would like to see get into F15.  These two events I believe will drive
>> the final stake into the heart of the octave-forge package at which
>> point we will need to start packaging the components separately.  Since
>> this is how upstream distributes them anyway, I see no reason not to
>> move in this direction in all possible haste.  I will try to get back to
>> my earlier efforts on creating a packaging template for octave packages
>> as soon as I can.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> - Orion
>
> Hi Orion,
> 	what has been done here and can I do to help the this effort?

- octave 3.4.0 is in F15

- New octave packaging guidelines have been submitted to the FPC.  I think
there were some questions, but I haven't been contacted directly.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Octave
https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/61

- I've tried to make an oct2spec packaging script, hosted here:

http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=oct2spec.git
http://www.cora.nwra.com/~orion/fedora/oct2spec-1.0.0-1.fc14.src.rpm

It's not working at the moment, I seem to have screwed up something with the
python packaging.  Any help with that would be appreciated.

- I've put a list of octave forge packages here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/OrionPoplawski/Octave_Packages

Perhaps people can sign up there for what packages they want to own.  We're
going to need to make and review a bunch of packages.

I would also like to see 3.4.0 in EPEL 6.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion at cora.nwra.com