AutoQA Comments in Bodhi

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Wed Mar 23 21:00:52 UTC 2011

On 03/23/2011 11:19 AM, Tim Flink wrote:
> Bodhi comments were enabled earlier today in AutoQA and as some have
> noticed, old updates are being tagged as failed even though they have
> already been pushed to stable updates.
>
> We are aware of the issue and are working on it. We will send out
> another email once the issue has been resolved.
>
> Tim

The root of the problem was some stale tags in Koji (old builds with
-pending tags still on them).

AutoQA pulls in anything with *-pending tags from koji and runs tests on
them. When older packages were pulled into the upgradepath test, they
were compared against newer builds and the test would fail because you
can't "upgrade" to a previous version.

Two bugs were found in Bodhi's tag handling logic and we're hoping for
fixes in the next day or so. Once those fixes are in and we've verified
that the tests are pulling in packages correctly, we'll re-enable
AutoQA's Bodhi comments with less spam and more testing awesomeness.

To help prevent problems like this from happening in the future, the
AutoQA team is already working on a better staging/testing process
before pushing out to production. We should have that in place before
the next major release of AutoQA.

Kudos are due to lmacken, caillon and jkeating for their help in
reporting, triaging and fixing this issue.

Thanks for your patience,

Tim