Firefox 4 for f14?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Mar 25 11:32:17 UTC 2011

Henrique Junior wrote:
> It may sound a little off-topic to this thread, but since we are talking
> about bring new stuff into F14 I would like to know the opinion of you,
> guys, about the new openSUSE's tumbleweed [1] [2] repo, that tries to
> bring to openSUSE some "rolling release" behaviour.
> Maybe in the future Fedora could try something similar as an option to
> cases like Firefox 4 in Fedora 14.
>
> [1] - http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Tumbleweed
> [2] - http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-project/2010-11/msg00206.html

FESCo (at least some people in FESCo, Christoph Wickert in particular) wants
to do something like that, a "Features" repo has been under discussion there
for weeks.

Personally, I think we should just push the new stuff into updates whenever
it makes sense (i.e. not for something like KDE 3 to 4 or GNOME 2 to 3 ;-)
).

        Kevin Kofler