What's this /run directory doing on my system and where does it come from?

Miloslav Trmač mitr at volny.cz
Wed Mar 30 12:54:32 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Nicolas Mailhot
<nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net> wrote:
> The FHS is about having major distros agree about file locations, and
> documenting the result. Which seems to be exactly what happened here.

Well, documentation on a mailing list is fine for F15, but it really
doesn't count long-term.  If "the major distros" have agreed on
changing the standard layout (however the standard it is named),
"they" should also agree on a canonical documentation.
    Mirek