Thunderbird updates mixed up in F14

Christian Krause chkr at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 3 20:36:48 UTC 2011

On 05/01/2011 10:38 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Michael Schwendt wrote:
>> Rather find and fix the bug that is the cause of this. There have been
>> a few updates like that recently, again.
>>
>> The 3.1.10-1.fc14 package is tagged  dist-f14-updates  already:
>> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=241265
>>
>> So, during the compose of the updates repo it should be pulled in.
>
> The problem there is Koji's broken idea of "newest". For Koji, the "newest"
> package is the latest one which was tagged, not the highest EVR. (In fact,
> Koji doesn't process Epoch at all, so it can't even compare EVRs.)
> Unfortunately, the Koji developers refuse to acknowledge that this is even a
> bug, and have no plans to fix it ever. Fixing it would mean 1. telling Koji
> about Epoch and 2. using EVR comparisons instead of tagging dates to decide
> on the latest version.

What do you suggest? Should we just create a rel-eng ticket for fixing
koji with respect to the sorting algorithm?

> To fix this particular instance of the problem, rel-eng needs to untag the
> obsolete 3.1.9 build so the 3.1.10 one becomes the "newest" also for Koji.

Since the update to 3.1.10 is marked as a security update I suggest that
for now we should just use the approach of untagging 3.1.9. I have
created: https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/4690

Best regards,
Christian