F15 - mysql start problem

Michał Piotrowski mkkp4x4 at gmail.com
Mon May 9 06:32:13 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is related to the latest systemd update or my
switch to NetworkManager instead of classic network.service. I noticed
that sometimes mysqld doesn't start properly.

mysqld.service - SYSV: MySQL database server.
          Loaded: loaded (/etc/rc.d/init.d/mysqld)
          Active: failed since Mon, 09 May 2011 08:15:44 +0200; 4min 32s ago
         Process: 549 ExecStart=/etc/rc.d/init.d/mysqld start
(code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
          CGroup: name=systemd:/system/mysqld.service

It seems to me that this is related to that at the time of starting
the network is not available. IIRC there was a problem with
NetworkManager and it's systemd service, but it was fixed AFAIK. There
is no problem with other services. Any ideas what could go wrong?

--
Best regards,
Michal

http://eventhorizon.pl/