File nauty24r2.tar.gz uploaded to lookaside cache by rdieter

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Fri May 27 15:47:55 UTC 2011

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 9:35 AM, Rex Dieter <rdieter at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> A file has been added to the lookaside cache for Macaulay2:
>
> 53f83420491a32e3fe9b03a44c559a89  nauty24r2.tar.gz
> --

Given the name and version number, I presume you just uploaded this nauty:

http://cs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/nauty/

Given the usage restrictions on nauty (cannot redistribute for profit,
cannot use in any application with nontrivial military significance),
we can't have that in Fedora, can we?  I presumed not, which is why
I've been planning to see if I can rip nauty out of polymake
(http://polymake.org/) and replace it with bliss
(http://www.tcs.hut.fi/Software/bliss/).  I haven't gotten around to
starting on that yet, though.

If you've worked out some kind of unrestricted license with the nauty
author, please let me know.  He hasn't been responding to my emails.
Even in that case, this should go into a separate nauty package, not
into Macaulay2, no?
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/