Upgrading from Fedora 14 to 15 -> some problems

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat May 28 00:54:57 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-05-28 at 02:14 +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> > There was also possibly some terrifyingly bad interaction with running
> > multiple transactions for split media, but thankfully we've shed that
> > beast of burden.
>
> So, can we have updates included for upgrades then? (IMHO, this should be
> the default, or even better, required. Upgrading without updates enabled
> just won't work reliably.)

FWIW, +1 on this. In theory there could be cases where we've tested and
made sure upgrading works well with the DVD image, and then an update
comes along and breaks it, but in point of fact - as I mentioned earlier
- our testing of upgrades with release images is pretty limited anyway;
so I think on balance it will almost always wind up being a positive to
have the updates repo enabled during an upgrade.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey