Buildroot override problem

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Thu Nov 3 15:35:15 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-11-03 at 09:14 -0600, Jerry James wrote:
> I have 2 new packages.  The first one, flocq, has been in F16 testing
> for 5 days.  It is needed to build the second one, gappalib-coq.  I go
> to the BuildRoot override page to submit an override for flocq.  After
> typing in flocq, it offers me "flocq-1.4.0-2.fc16", which is wrong.
> That version had a mistake in the spec file that renders it unusable.
> Why doesn't it offer me flocq-1.4.0-3.fc16, which is the version in
> testing?

I would guess because it's only considering packages in
-updates-candidate as buildroot override candidates, and -3 is in
-updates-testing.

> No matter.  I manually edit the requested override to -3 instead of
> -2.  After pushing the button to submit, I get this message:
>
> Error: buildroot override for u'flocq-1.4.0-3.fc16' already exists
>
> What's with the "u" before the package name?

That's just Python letting you know that Unicode is a thing it does
badly.

> And what does it mean
> that a buildroot override already exists?

I'd guess that's a cascade failure from above: it's not going to create
a BR-override if it thinks that a newer package "already exists" in the
buildroot.

It certainly sounds like a series of bugs in bodhi though.

- ajax